Alberta Mine Safety Association
Supporting Safety Leadership in Alberta Mines.
39th Annual Alberta Mine Rescue Competition
Participating 2022 Sponsors, Volunteers & Contributors:
- Casualties: 755 Parkland Royal Canadian Air Cadet Squadron (RCACS)
- Crane Truck: Xcaliber Crane & Rigging
- Scaffolding for Rope & Recovery Event: Capital Power
- School Bus for First Aid Event: Golden Arrow
- Welding Truck for First Aid Event: Komatsu
- Fencing for Main & Spare Event: Fenceline
- Gold Sponsor:
- Fire Event: Levitt Safety
- Shaw Enterprises
- Silver Sponsors:
- Rope & Recovery Event: T'NT Work & Rescue
- Radios: Tridon Communications
- Turn Around Safety
- Bronze Sponsor:
- Maxam Labratories
- Eye Safe
- Volunteers from member sites.
On behalf of AMSA, I would like to thank all the hands and minds that came together to make the 2022 Mine Rescue Competition a success. The Mine Rescue Competition takes many months of planning and thanks to this year’s co-hosting company, CNRL Albian Sands, the event seamlessly picked up right where it left off in 2019.
A few things stood out to me this year that I wanted to highlight.
- I was very impressed with the level of skills demonstrated by mine rescue members and teams. Each year the AMSA Emergency Response Committee creates scenarios that are challenging and really push the teams. With the adversities of training during the pandemic, these Mine Rescue folks never let their skills slide, their dedication humbles me.
- This year we saw a large number of first time volunteers and they did an amazing job, especially those who volunteered to take on a casualty role.
- The generosity and support from within our mining industry make this event achievable. From the dedication and financial support of our member companies, to the contractors and vendors that sponsor the event or donate their time, equipment, and hamburgers is very much appreciated.
- Lastly, this year the competition changed weekends by moving ahead one week from its normal annual occurrence. Other than a few scheduling conflicts, this change was widely accepted. This decision was made to ensure members, competitors, volunteers and guests could be home with their families on father’s day.
Congratulations to all the teams that participated I hope you are looking forward to another challenging competition next year.
Alberta Mine Safety Association
Training and Courses
AMSA proudly supports the Alberta mining industry in efforts to continually improve safety performance. Our unique training is essential for mine supervisors, blasters and mine rescue trainers.
Alberta Mine Rescue Competition
Mine Rescue team are elite groups with specialized skills and training, whose job involves rescuing miners and others who have become trapped or injured in the event of a mining incident.
Surface Mine Rescue teams from around Alberta put on a display of their rescue techniques to win the prestigious top spot. Each year the competition provides an opportunity for the public, members and the Province to gauge the capabilities of mine rescue in Industry today.
Sign up to receive membership updates, safety shares, membership questions and more!