Download the AMSA App!
Be the first to know about safety shares, events, member Q&A and quick access to OHS + more!
Alberta Mine Safety Association
Supporting Safety Leadership in Alberta Mines.
Registration is Now Open!
Now Accepting Board Nominations
Elections for Board positions are planned for our April meeting. We presently have two vacancies.
- be currently employed by an owner member
- know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs
- faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements
- serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in identifying financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance its mission
- leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve the organization’s mission
- attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings (2 in person meetings per year (March and October) plus potentially 2 virtual meetings per year as needed)
- attend at least 1 general meeting per year (Generally held in January, April, June and October)
Alberta Mine Rescue Competition
Mine Rescue team are elite groups with specialized skills and training, whose job involves rescuing miners and others who have become trapped or injured in the event of a mining incident.
Surface Mine Rescue teams from around Alberta put on a display of their rescue techniques to win the prestigious top spot. Each year the competition provides an opportunity for the public, members and the Province to gauge the capabilities of mine rescue in Industry today.
Sign up to receive membership updates, safety shares, membership questions and more!